Wow. Can I say I went to bed thinking about that movie. Dreamt about that movie, and woke up thinking about that movie. Great show. Left an impression on me. Was a dark, heavier type movie. Will have to go online to see how much historical validity there was in the overall plot of the movie. But, I definitely liked it.
I saw Stop Loss a few nights ago and liked that movie too. I'd have to say, that as Americans I feel that we need to step in occasionally and help other countries citizens when it comes to human rights issues. I know we don't have all the facts and often times there are a lot of underlying politics, money and trade issues at hand, but I think we shouldn't wait around for everyone in a country to die before we step in. Notwithstanding, after viewing this movie, and having lived for 14 months in a 3rd world country (and knowing 1st hand how it affected me); I can't help but side with the soldiers who get caught in the mess of being stop lossed. Especially by forcing the the soliders who know that by returning to something so ugly could ruin them (mentally and/or physcially) in the long run or kill them; I'd just have to say, that's effed up!! And I wouldn't wish that upon anyone. They volunteer themselves and then they are forced back into it? How is that remotely fair? If there was a legitamit reason for the war to be going on-a serious reason, maybe like another Hitler tryin to kill off everyone not white...I could see a stop loss. But for oil or something like that? I know I don't have all the information and surrounding facts regarding every war, but I do believe that a lot of innocent people die or our ruined because of the power of a few. And, I do believe that if we put soliders into these types of predicaments and spend oodles and oodles of money on military, then we better gosh darn spend the money to take care of them (mentally/physically) upon there return. They fight our wars, what do we do for them???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Reason...
A blog about my thoughts, feelings, expressions and opinions regarding my hardships and joys; activities and daily grind; and relationships with humankind.
About Me
- Jana
- I have been married for 5 and 1/2 years. Step-mom of two; a 16-year old son who lives with us, and 13-year old daughter who lives with her mom 25 minutes away. I am an animal lover and have 3 dogs and 1 cat whom I share with my husband. My interest and passions are listed below, but I wanted to note that I can't wait to learn to white water kayak! I love being overwhelmed by breath taking views, meeting new people, spending time with loved ones and also spending time alone to reflect. I will generally try most anything... I believe that we have one chance to learn and grow and feel and live as much as we can. For when its our time to pass on, we just take our memories. Life's to amazing to not make mistakes (and I've made plenty), to not try, to not experience. To not share.

0 comments:
Post a Comment