What happened to flowers, notes, chocolates (ok, not every gals favorite), massages and long strolls in the evening? I'm not ancient, but I do think myself to be a bit old fashioned. I love getting flowers! Daisys, roses, daffodils, tulips and all those other bright but weird named ones...heck, i even love cacti. :) If a note were to fall out of my sunvisor or my guy made me a playlist that reminded me of him or songs he thought I'd like, or yes, even my favorite candybar...that spells special...
But, alas, some guys hand over jewelery, expensive items or wads of cash. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not the most irritating thing that could happen to you-especially on a blue day. LOL. But, there's not much creativity or emotion involved in those transactions. The saying easy come, easy go...well, gone. Like relationships if you don't work at it and fill it with more meaningful expressions of love. There should probably be a healthy balance between the aforementioned.
Okay, so realistically my guy doesn't do the jewelery thing anymore...especially not after loosing numerous expensive braclets in the river (if I put the jewelery on, I leave it there). So, if it's not condusive to the outdoors or to physical activity, I probably won't be wearing it. :) But, I love ya honey for all the money you did spend on me! MUAH!
2:16 PM
Manifestiation of Love
Posted by
Jana
|
Labels:
expressions of love,
flowers,
gifts,
love,
money,
relationships
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Reason...
A blog about my thoughts, feelings, expressions and opinions regarding my hardships and joys; activities and daily grind; and relationships with humankind.
About Me
- Jana
- I have been married for 5 and 1/2 years. Step-mom of two; a 16-year old son who lives with us, and 13-year old daughter who lives with her mom 25 minutes away. I am an animal lover and have 3 dogs and 1 cat whom I share with my husband. My interest and passions are listed below, but I wanted to note that I can't wait to learn to white water kayak! I love being overwhelmed by breath taking views, meeting new people, spending time with loved ones and also spending time alone to reflect. I will generally try most anything... I believe that we have one chance to learn and grow and feel and live as much as we can. For when its our time to pass on, we just take our memories. Life's to amazing to not make mistakes (and I've made plenty), to not try, to not experience. To not share.

2 comments:
I'm not sure I agree with your statement. I guess you are right about your own opinion, but I think whatever a spouse or boyfriend does to show his affection should be embraced and appreciated. Lot's of men don't have money to buy jewlrey, and therefore, give love notes or chocolates. I realize you are just stating what is meaningful to you or what you would like to happen. Just be careful what you ask for because once you start getting flowers all the time, maybe you'll want to get a little sparkle. But then again...you are Jana...and I have never really known you to like to wear a lot of jewelery.
Winters,
True that. I just hope that the intent of why a gift is given is what's recognized. Sometimes the most extravagent is not the most meaningful. I do think there should be a balance, but there also exists a language of love between individuals...and each partner should be aware of what the there partner's languge is (ie...mine isn't so much diamonds.. :) ). But you're right, we should learn to appreciate what ever it is we get too.
Post a Comment