Wide
Standing there, looking in at him
I am frozen; He’s not the same
Not quite sure; He leaves so quickly
No good-byes; Who is to blame?
Thirty-six or seventy-two
hours, n living on over drive
Barely surviving; getting high
Over the edge; to the grave I dive
Every night I drove myself home
I would pull over to the side
While the engine softly hummed
I’d close my eyes, my mouth was wide…
Wide open
Please listen to my words
You know what’s in my heart
And I know that I am heard
Fire in my soul, my mind awake
Purpose there is, now lots at stake
Family forever; daughter n son
So long for now; life’s what we make!
Every night I drove myself home
I would pull over to the side
While the engine softly hummed
I’d close my eyes, my mouth was wide…
Wide open…
Please listen to my words
You know what’s in my heart
And I know that I am heard
For Mike
*I wrote this for Mike last night. I know I'm not a songwriter and everyone can write poetry, but I thought I'd try to do something I haven't done. So here's the words to a future song. I felt inspired to write this, now I just have to find the right notes...wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Reason...
A blog about my thoughts, feelings, expressions and opinions regarding my hardships and joys; activities and daily grind; and relationships with humankind.
About Me
- Jana
- I have been married for 5 and 1/2 years. Step-mom of two; a 16-year old son who lives with us, and 13-year old daughter who lives with her mom 25 minutes away. I am an animal lover and have 3 dogs and 1 cat whom I share with my husband. My interest and passions are listed below, but I wanted to note that I can't wait to learn to white water kayak! I love being overwhelmed by breath taking views, meeting new people, spending time with loved ones and also spending time alone to reflect. I will generally try most anything... I believe that we have one chance to learn and grow and feel and live as much as we can. For when its our time to pass on, we just take our memories. Life's to amazing to not make mistakes (and I've made plenty), to not try, to not experience. To not share.

0 comments:
Post a Comment